Functions of CGS
The Centre promotes research and education on gender which relates to other aspects of differences such as sexuality, status, religion, culture, ability, and age.
Thus, applying the findings to advocate for social change.
- CGS organizes conferences, seminars and workshops for increased gender awareness.
- Implements, Monitors and Evaluates Gender Policy
- Counseling and providing support for victims of gender-based violence
- Liaising with external bodies on gender issues
- Award of Scholarship to female students
- Award of Fellowship to female Academics
- Commemoration of relevant International Days;
- International Womens' Day,
- International Day of the Girl Child,
- International day for Rural Women
- International Widows' Day....